Pledge of Peace
Occupy Spartanburg Pledge of Peace, adopted by the General Assembly on October 26, 2011.
- We of Occupy Spartanbug pledge to uphold our right to peaceably assemble to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
- We pledge to peacefully spread awareness of our grievances to the public.
- We pledge to curb violence at the verbal level on each other’s behalf at our events and to resist any escalation of conflict between ourselves and those who oppose our message.
- We pledge to respect personal and public property.
- We pledge to refrain from physical violence on any level.
- We pledge to treat all bystanders with the same dignity we afford ourselves.
We are Occupy Spartanburg. We are the 99%.